Ciena Canada Career – Technical Support Jobs in Ontario. Ciena Canada Jobs in Ontario. Latest Ontario Government Jobs. Get City of Ontario Jobs in Canada. Upcoming Canada Govt Jobs.
Ontario Jobs Seekers who are looking for Technical Support Jobs in Ontario, can check here Ontario Government Jobs in Ciena Canada. Ciena Canada opportunity available for Technical Support jobs in Ontario.
Candidates who have Bachelor’s degree eligibility Technical Support position can apply through the Ciena Canada page link provides in the below section. You can check on this page all upcoming Technical Support jobs in Ciena Canada and other jobs in Ontario.
Ciena Canada Career- for Technical Support Jobs In Ottawa, ON
Ciena Canada Jobs in Ontario :– Hurrey ! great news for job seekers. Ciena Canada Jobs site publish notice for Technical Support jobs vacancy in their offices. Currently Ciena Canada Technical Support Jobs available now. Candidates who are looking for Technical Support Jobs in Ontario with relevant required experience can apply for Ciena Canada Employment. Candidate will get after selection great Salary $ 60665.00 Yearly.
Ciena Canada Jobs in Ontario Employment
|Name of the Recruitment Agencies/Department||Ciena Canada|
|Name of the Vacant Position||Technical Support|
|Job Location||Ottawa, Ontario|
|Job Type||Jobs in Canada|
|Salary||$ 60665.00 Yearly|
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide system level pre & post-sales support for CIENA’s Customer base. This includes testing, troubleshooting and remote technical support for CIENA products. A good understanding of the fiber optic transport and/or switching protocols is essential. Knowledge and experience with personal computers, Microsoft office suite of software. Basic expertise in data communications protocols including Ethernet and IP networks is required. Experience with UNIX and SUN/Oracle systems would be beneficial. This position may also involve on-site day to day interaction with the customer concerning all aspects of network planning, deployment and technical network issues and design.
- Provide remote technical support (via telephone or online) on identified CIENA products 24×7 when required. On call duty includes evenings and weekends.
- Review with senior engineers issues found in the field and assist Communication with Design and Supply Chain on problems found
- Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to aid Customer’s technical problem. Recover information necessary to escalate the incident/issue to senior engineers. Escalation may eventually include Engineering/Design, Product/Project Management, Documentation, or Training
- Provide Customer feedback to Quality Assurance, Design, Product Management, Technical Publications and Training
- Contribute to publishing of MOP/ISB/FSB documents.
- Contribute to knowledgebase (KCS)
- Perform a Customer Lead Engineer roll for specific customers
- Resident Engineering functions on-site or remote
- Travel to customer sites and Ciena locations globally
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science) from a four-year college or university with zero to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Foundation knowledge of the operation of fiber optic transport and/or switching equipment.
- Preferably has experience in a technical support role with an equipment vendor in the Telco industry.
- Basic problem solving experience with OTN/SONET/SDH equipment, Carrier Ethernet equipment or associated fiber optic facilities.
- Proficiency with various ‘office’ software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot and resolve problems
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision
- An understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications and Optical Networking
- Familiar with various types of test equipment for optical and protocol testing
- System level trouble shooting on fiber optic telecommunications transport and switching equipment.
- Good foundation knowledge of OTN, SONET/SDH/DWDM and Carrier Ethernet protocols, and a general understanding of other Switching/transport concepts are required.
- Knowledge of computers, data communications, UNIX SUN/Oracle and IP network experience would be a benefit.
- Experience with network management systems would be beneficial
- Strong background in relationship building and Customer focus
- Team player
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Must have the ability to communicate in English language both verbal and written
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.