Niagara Region Jobs– Administrative Assistant Waste Management Jobs in Ontario. Niagara Region Jobs in Ontario. Latest Ontario Government Jobs. Get Niagara Region and Ontario Jobs in Canada.
Ontario Jobs Seekers who are looking for Administrative Assistant Waste Management Jobs in Ontario. can check here Ontario Government Jobs in Niagara Region jobs. Niagara Region opportunity available for Administrative Assistant Waste Management jobs in Ontario.
Candidates who have Post-secondary diploma in Office/Business Administration eligibility Administrative Assistant Waste Management position can apply through the Niagara Region career page link provides in the below section. You can check on this page all upcoming Administrative Assistant Waste Management jobs in Niagara Region and other jobs in Ontario.
Niagara Region Jobs- Job Opportunities for Administrative Assistant Waste Management Jobs In Niagara, ON
Niagara Region Jobs in Ontario :– Hurry ! great news for job seekers. Niagara Region Jobs site publish notice for various jobs vacancy in their offices. Currently Niagara Region jobs for Administrative Assistant Waste Management Jobs available now. Candidates who are looking for Administrative Assistant Waste Management Jobs in Ontario with relevant Required experience can apply for Niagara Region Employment. Candidate will get after selection great Salary $ 50,750.00-59,710.00 Per Year.
Niagara Region Jobs in Ontario Employment
|Name of the Recruitment Agencies/Department||Niagara Region|
|Name of the Vacant Position||Administrative Assistant Waste Management|
|Job Location||Niagara, Ontario|
|Salary||$ 50,750.00-59,710.00 Per Year|
|Jobs Type||Jobs In Canada|
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Director, Waste Management Services, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing confidential and administrative support and services to the Director and the Division’s management team.
- Post-secondary diploma in Office/Business Administration.
- 5 years experience in a computerized office.
- Public sector experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems with specific training in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and database applications.
Provides secretarial and administrative assistance to the Director and Management Team, preparing confidential correspondence and reports, conducting research, arranging meetings, etc.
- Schedules appointments and/or meetings, ensuring relevant documentation and background information for meetings are brought forward.
- Prepares travel arrangements.
- Arranges external training and conference registrations
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations, letters, reports, speeches, agendas and minutes as assigned.
- Perform financial administrative support for the Directors including preparation of expense reports, purchasing card processing, initiating purchase requisitions
- Receives visitors, screens telephone calls, take messages, handles replies or directs callers to appropriate areas or departments.
- Receives, opens, sorts, date stamps and logs incoming mail, interoffice and courier deliveries.
- Receives and prioritizes Director’s mail and e-mail, redirecting as appropriate for follow up and responding on the Director’s behalf as requested.
- Coordinates Director’s schedule / calendar
- Coordinates activities between internal offices and external agencies/boards, responding to inquiries, investigating concerns and following up on responses.
- Manages weekly attendance submissions and vacation requests. Enters attendance information to the corporate attendance management system.
Coordinates meetings, preparing agenda packages, recording proceedings, and performing follow-up tasks for WMAC and Public Liaison Committees.
- Completes and distributes minutes for follow-up as required.
- Highlights items of importance/sensitivity, ensuring they are brought to Director’s attention.
- Follows up on administrative issues.
Coordinates Divisional reports and specialized documentation, assisting managers with preparation, formatting, numbering, and form completions, and ensuring deadlines are met and final reports are submitted.
- Undertakes research to support report preparation, as requested.
- Manages attendance information on Kronos system, maintaining vacation schedules and absence records and ensuring information is submitted.
Maintains division’s confidential files and records, indexing, filing, retrieving and archiving files for storage in accordance with Corporate Records Management System and protocols.
- Maintains records for ready access by divisional staff.
- Prepares, maintains and tracks general office and confidential files and correspondence (e.g. WHMIS updates, staff licensure/registration, performance appraisals, employee notices, requests for staff training, personnel requisitions, posting files, vacation and attendance record management, job descriptions, Workers compensation reports, etc.)
Acts as a department resource on administrative services, advising staff within and outside the division as needed.
- Delegates day to day work and direction to clerical staff as required
- Provides functional guidance and training to clerical, temporary staff and students.
- Arranges temporary staff to ensure coverage during absences and peak workloads.
- Provides back-up administrative support as required.
- Supports Divisional initiatives acting as a liaison between Director, DMT, Managers, and working groups.
- Contributes to projects and programs in a support function.
Coordinates waste exemption requests
- Reviews and processes incoming requests, enters information into the Divisional Collection Data Management System
- Issues the appropriate number of tags to participants
- Prepares and provides backup documentation to appropriate staff and contractors
- Tracks program requests on an ongoing basis; maintains and updates information as required
- Addresses questions from program participants
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.